Thursday 21 April 2011

Q4) Who would be the audience for your media product?


I decided to aim my media product at a particular social class. The class that I chose is working class black boys ages 16 – 20. The reason I chose this is because there has been an increase in hip hop and r ‘n’ b music made by young black artists, but there are not that many music magazines made in the UK that acknowledge it.
The youthful age target would mean that they are in to music technology such as headphones (brands such as Skull candy, Beats by Dre.) or even mobile headphones such as blackberries (which most of the youth are using), music players (brands such as Apple iPod). The teenagers would be into watching TV, playing games consoles and music games such as Sony Playstation 3 and Xbox’s DJ hero. If they like making music, brands such as Image-Line, Digidesign, or Steinberg would appeal to them.

Ethnicity, The magazine is aimed at one ethnicity which is black people. To make the targeted ethnicity obvious I made sure that all my model were black. This means there is a restriction on the ethnicities, not all ethnicities of the world are targeted which means to them it is not relatable. The magazine does not have equally target males and females as males are targeted and not females. All religions are accepted, because anyone of a different religion can have an interest in the music. 
My magazine is aimed at people living in council estates that have a deep passion for music, the reason I chose to aim if at boys is because this particular type of music is mainly aimed at boys. I believe that this magazine would sell well due to the audience it is aimed at because as I mentioned earlier there isn’t much UK magazines; therefore there is a variety of American magazine with people wearing expensive things that the working class can not relate to as they are not as privileged as the people in the cover. This is why I made my model wear casual clothes as the audience that read it can relate to the music and stories, because the people in the magazine are just like them.
 I wanted my magazine to be appropriate for my ideal viewer as seen on my profile of audience; and I believe the magazine is appropriate, as the ideal viewer resembles my models, they dress very similar and lastly they are around the same age group.

No comments:

Post a Comment