Friday 4 February 2011

Profiling your audience.

The magazine website that I looked at is called Vibe; this magazine has a similar genre to the one I intend to produce. I particularly looked at the ‘advertising info’ on the site. This helps me tell a lot about who the magazine is being targeted at. I believe this can help me identify the ‘demographic profile’ of the target audience for the magazine I intend to produce.
The new Vibe is the premier destination for urban music, entertainment, culture and lifestyle for the aspirational 18-34 year old. This magazine contains images of celebrities of a certain age group (18-34), Vibe magazine advertise such things as boxing matches to supermodels photo shoots.  This tells me two things; one that they focus on both gender and two, which is their target audience, are over the age of 16. Most under 18 year old would not be interested in boxing matches any other adverts in this site.
 This helps me in planning and how I intend to make my own magazine appeal to this type of audience. My magazine is going to be targeted at age 16 – 20.

<<< This is an image of my target viewer. The image is of a male teenager age 17 who wears nike jumpers and hoodies. I'm going to design a magazine that would intrest people like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment